Thursday, September 27, 2007

Mental Block


I'm usually a very organized person. I make to-do lists, crossing off my accomplishments. I like my books organized by author and even in order of series publication. I even love French beans because they are so orderly (they line up in the pan in little neat rows). Yes, this is admittedly over-organized, but it helps me keep on track and focused.


Why, oh WHY then can I not organize my recipes? I have a box of home-recipes that I use, collected from friends and family over the years, and I just CANNOT get myself to sit down and put them in order. They're crammed higgeldy-piggledy into a too-small box and I always have to take everything out and paw through piles of cards and clippings to find what I want.


I even have THREE empty card files ready to hold my 'organized' recipes... but I just can't get myself to organize them. CAN NOT DO IT!
Why is this? I have my medicine cabinet all managed. My soup cans are stacked neatly. My spices are (mostly) in alphabetical order. What is my issue with organizing my recipe cards?
I'm drawing a blank here. Any thoughts? Suggestions? Comments? Recipes you'd like to give me?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well dear, I'm the last person to give ANYONE advice on getting motivated to do ANYTHING.

I will say, however, that it is absolutely adorable that you have an honest to God recipe box that you actually use!!

I don't think you SHOULD organize it! It's too precious just the way it is.

Besides, I bet you know EXACTLY where each and every delicious recipe is in that box. If you organize, you'll probably never find anything!

xoxo!