Saturday, March 08, 2008

Exploding Purses and a Proposed BAN on Backer-Uppers


This first part has nothing at all to do with the second part of my blog, but I had to share. I was in the Commissary (military grocery store) when my purse EXPLODED! Actually, the strap snapped, but because there was metal and bits of attachment gear involved, pieces-parts went flying everywhere! My purse dropped to the floor and things spilled out, of course, so passers-by were helping me retrieve my crap. Picture me and three Marines all scooting around on the floor trying to pick up keys, Kleenex packs, chapstick, and pens. (Thank goodness my Tampons were in a zipped side purse!) The funniest thing is that when it happened, I was standing near the produce section, next to a huge bin of avocados, and think part of my purse strap is STILL in the avocados. Maybe someone will find it by Cinco de Mayo?


Now, on to my latest rant about...

People Who INSIST On Backing Their Cars Into Parking Spaces.
AKA. -- EVILDOERS.


Just like the crazy people in the public libraries are never 90lb weaklings (they're always 350lbs of crazy-man-musclefat), the people who always back their cars into parking spaces are those who drive SUVs and bigass vehicles. They take FOREVER to go back...and forth...pull out...and go back... trying to wedge their leviathan into the space. Why not just go IN FORWARDS? What is the attraction with BACKING IN??? Does it get you in/out of the spot any faster, in the long run? NO! Because you took 2 hours getting INTO the spot in the first place!!! Is it any safer? NO! Because you're blocking and impeding the traffic while maneuvering into the spot and most likely dinging the doors of the person you end up parking too close to!!!


I am irked by backer-uppers. Why do they do it? Anyone? Any backer-uppers willing to spill your guts and explain yourself?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, at least you didn't grab for the purse and send the whole stack of avocados rolling onto the floor!

You bruise, you buy!

I can't explain backer-uppers. Maybe so they can make quick get-aways? Lame.