Saturday, December 01, 2007

Keep Your Feet Covered, Hobbit-Boys!


I'm all for comfort. I enjoy not wearing high heels. I relish the soft cushion of sneakers or flats-- makes me and my tootsies happy.


However... there are some people who take comfort to a new level of low. Wearing flip-flops (and sandals!) in WINTER. These people, no matter what the temperature, can be seen flop*flop*flopping around in stores, at the gas station, and (gak!) in the grocery store. Someone call 'Fashion 911'!


BURN THE FLIP FLOPS! BURN THEM, I SAY!


Summer feet are happy, sun-kissed, manicured feet. Winter feet are gnarled, hairy, scaley, NASTY CREATURES that should be kept decently wrapped up like mummies in socks and shoes. Men, especially, should NOT be revealing their winter feet, unless their winter feet are spending the winter in a warm beach location in the southern hemisphere. NOTE: NC in December is not so warm, yet is overrun with hairy, nasty feet in flip-flops. Why?


Why, when all else on your body is reasonably groomed, why would you expose the masses to your personal horror show? Maybe it is just a general degeneration of decency. All I can hope for is about 12 inches of snow to get all of those gruesome tooties packed back into their woolie prisons. SHUDDER!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Think about how I feel living in Palm Springs. "Sun kissed" or not, flip flop feet are STILL GROSS.

*shudders*

I have been saying for some time that flip flops should be OUTLAWED. The only exception possibly being a nasty gym shower to keep from picking up some fungal infection. Maybe.

Ugh.